The Company is committed to its mission and vision in developing content coverage to extending service footprint through active searches for business partners to help expand its out-of-home media network and build on existing capabilities for the future. The objective is to address the diverse needs of consumers today to support demand for media in the future. The Company’s key milestones in 2020 are outlined below.
- Delivery of Cookies at smart bus shelters
PLANB has completed its installation of 1,170 Cookies signboards at Smart Bus Shelters as planned and delivered to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.
- The debut of VYRA girl idol group with a fresh change
LYRA, a Thai girl group, recently changed the name to "VYRA", with five members joining as a special unit of BNK 48 and Universal Music Thailand and launched a new single "Ta-Ton-Yon…Hurry Up!" available on YouTube.
- "Pouring Heart for Forest Fire Fighting" Project
The wildfire situation in Thailand caused damage to forests and wildlife and the health of the people who were continuously affected by the intensifying smog crisis. PLANB offered media platforms and advertising spaces to the Taejai.com website to be one of the channels for public relations so that interested people can help donate to fund fire-fighting equipment purchases for forest rangers across Thailand. This will help wild animals and send moral support to forest rangers in conserving natural resources and the environment for Thai people and Thailand.
- "Adopt A Granny" Project
PLANB provided advertising media platforms and spaces to promote a campaign that cares for over 500 elderly people who are poor and abandoned in Chiangmai and Lampang through monetary support on nutritious meals, proper clothing for the weather and household medicine.
- Introduction of new experience through 3D technique
The Company elevated media quality and created value-added for out-of-home media using the 3D technique on digital screens to enhance the audience's realistic experience. The Company recently premiered "The Battle of Fire" of King Dragon and King Kong on 4 connected large digital screens at Parc Paragon on 19 May 2021. The Campaign received massive responses from target customers and was mentioned on social media with over 60,600 retweets.
- Launch of Hitman Reborn! a mobile game with over 200,000 downloads, generating more than THB 3.5 million.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! was officially released on 28 June 2021 and made it to the 2nd rank on the top chart from both iOS and Android operating platforms thanks to the total number of downloads of over 200,000 times, delivering revenue of over THB 3.5 million within only 3 days. The mobile game was promoted through PLANB's combined OOH media and online media designed to enhance awareness and build on the strength of the engagement marketing business. This resulted in a cost per install of around THB 10 per install, the lowest cost compared to average rates of approximately THB 40-60 per install.
- On-track advertising media expansion in 7-Eleven convenience stores
At the end of 2Q 2021, the Company succeeded in placing LED screens in 1,150 locations of 7-Eleven as planned, while the Company intended to expand to cover over 2,000 stores across Thailand by 2021.
- Continuous content development to enhance the visibility of advertising media in 7-Eleven stores.
PLANB aims to offer better visibility for media screens in 7-Eleven stores, leveraging more appealing content to encourage consumers to view the media. For example, government lottery results on the 1st and 16th of each month are displayed from 16:00-01:00 hours and rerun on the 2nd and the 17th of each month, while horoscope content for each zodiac is shown from the 3rd -15th and 18th – 30th every month.
- Caring sharing of PLANB's media space through "ฝากร้านผ่านจอ" Campaign
To help promote SMEs operating in food & beverage and bakery businesses affected by the closure and dining-in ban in maximum control zones (Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Narathiwat, Pathum Thani, Pattani, Yala, Songkhla, Samut Prakarn and Samut Sakhon) given the COVID-19 outbreak. PLANB helped run PR for those businesses on its 250 digital screens across Thailand from 12 July – 12 August 2021 free of charge. Interested businesses can post their promotions on the Facebook page of PLANB from today until 11 July 2021 (7 days in total)
- Non-stop development to deliver the best experience for both brands and consumers
PLANB debuted its innovative digital screens with 3D techniques to attract consumers and improve its 49 digital screens nationwide with enhanced display resolution, reduced reflection, lower emission of greenhouse gases and fixed dark spots in the lighting of static lightbox signs. Furthermore, the Company accelerated the change of advertising media to be within 3 hours each time with a maximum of 4 times a day.
- Organizing activities to support Thai athletes during the 2021 Olympics
"Flag of Nation" relay run already began with a schedule of 61 days and a distance of 4,606 kilometres. Additionally, "Flag of Nation Virtual Run" was also commenced to complete the unprecedented mission of 1 million kilometres in historical routes. To view live broadcast programs of the Olympic Games and send support to athletes, please tune in to the following main channels; T-Sports, Thai PBS, NBT, PPTV, JKN18, True4U 24, GMMTV 25 and AIS Play, from 23 July – 8 August 2021.
- Making a joint investment with RS Group to build an e-commerce business
A joint venture of PLANB and RS Group will help enhance the competitiveness in the e-commerce business of the new Company. RS Group will take the lead on product development, marketing and distribution to consumers across Thailand. At the same time, PLANB will deploy its out-of-home media as key enablers in raising awareness and communicating new products to broader target groups.
- Establishing 2 joint ventures as holding companies to progress in sports business focusing on boxing
Plan B Eleven Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Plan B Media Public Company Limited, set up 2 new companies in July 2021 to further strengthen its sports marketing business which are:
- Global Sport Ventures Co., Ltd. (subsidiary) to invest in other businesses (as a holding company) related to boxing with an experienced team with expertise in the boxing business and related marketing activities.
- Mainstand Creator (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (associated Company) to operate an online sports media and content publication related to sports, athletes, exercises and relevant sports content leveraging on collaboration and specialization in sport promotion activities from Mainstand Co., Ltd.
The two companies have a definite advantage to fortify PLANB's sports business to attain solid growth in the future.
- The company promoted the Olympics through the 4O platform.
The company promoted the Olympics through 4O platforms via (1) Over the air which lived broadcasts through more than 6 television channels, and also AIS PLAY (2) Online channels such as the Stadium, and Main stand (3) OOH communication & fast ads for instance record rating of athletes, and lived broadcasts in real time through the company's Out-of-home media with 534 screens, and (4) On-ground & virtual event which was the Olympic opening and closing ceremony to entertain audiences.
- Collaboration with partners to give back to the society during COVID-19 crisis
- PLANB, together with partners and volunteers, offered help for Thai people by donating over 30,000 sets of rice and snacks to be distributed to different communities across Bangkok to send moral support and help all Thai people get through this crisis together.
- PLANB joined World Gas in "Ran Yim Dai…Rao Gor Yim Duay X Phak Ran Parn Jor". This campaign helped promote small businesses through digital screens and provided cooking gas for those businesses affected by the COVID-19 crisis free of charge, complimentary from World Gas
- On-track media expansion in 7-Eleven convenience stores
At the end of 3Q 2021, the Company succeeded in placing LED screens in 1,500 locations of 7-Eleven as planned, while the Company intended to expand to cover over 2,000 branches across Thailand by the end of 2021.
- New experience with "Muay Thai Fight, Thai Heritage"
PLANB organized a grand event to showcase Thai boxing in a new light through a tournament aiming to revive the Muay Thai industry that the COVID-19 pandemic has hardly hit. Over 600 boxers and 660 trainers from 77 provinces across the country gracefully return to the Muay Thai arena to join the event. The tournament can be viewed through AIS Play and T Sports 7 every Thursday – Sunday from 20.30 hours onward starting 30 September to 21 November 2021.
- Creating New Experience Through 4O Platform Strategy
Since the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the Company deployed its 4O platform strategy to offer a new experience to the audience, which are (1) On-ground – promoting new experience via various activities, e.g. Road to Tokyo 2020 and Flag of Nation, (2) Online – organizing online activities to bring to the audience sport content through Stadium and Mainstand such as the content on local and foreign athletes, including the past Olympics, (3)On-air – providing free TV channels for live broadcast such as NBT, Thai PBS, PPTV, True4U, JKN18, GMMTV25, T Sports including AIS Play so that Thai audience can have inclusive access to watching sports, and (4) OOH – communicating through Out-of-home media to allow the audience to have good experience using Fast Ads technique to differentiate content for different periods. Furthermore, the Company is ready to continue its full force to consistently offer Thai people world-class sports to enjoy from the 2020 Paralympics, Beijing 2022 Olympics and 2022 Asian Games Hangzhou.
- Winning awards in 2021 for its success
- Plan B Media Company Limited was selected from the Stock Exchange of Thailand to be 1 of 146 companies listed in the stock exchange to be considered sustainable business performance or "sustainable stock" for 2021. This reflects PLANB's commitment to sustainably undertaking its business under a good corporate governance policy covering various dimensions, including economy, society and environment.
- Plan B Media Company Limited was granted "Best Investors Relation Awards" from SET Awards 2021 organized by the Stock Exchange of Thailand and Money and Banking Magazine.
- Plan B Media Public Company Limited became a member of Thailand's Private Sector Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption (CAC) from 2019 to 2021 and adhered to principles in doing business according to good governance, ethics and code of conduct to be responsible for communities, society, environment and all stakeholders across the supply chain.